Health & Safety
LET'S WORK TOGETHER AS PCBU's
Our commitment to Health and Safety is second to none. We are your H&S Partner. We understand that the New Zealand Health and Safety scene is sharpening and that we and you have clear responsibilities as the person conducting a business or undertaking.
It is our duty to help you manage risk on your site. In particular, our primary duty of care is to ensure that our pre-qualified staff is not put at risk from the work they carry out on your site but equally that they do not create any unnecessary risks on your site.
We aim to drive and instil a health and safety culture that is driven from the top down, and to contribute to safe working spaces for our clients and candidates.
We will take all practicable steps and work with you to make that happen.
Commitment to Safety
RLM's areas of focus for safety is in the Labour Hire division of the company. This is where the safety risk is to the business, so as well as creating a safe in-house culture, the focus of risk is aimed towards the safety of our on-hire workers in the construction, civil, and manufacturing fields.
RLM has a strong commitment to safety and and working collaboratively and in co-ordination with our clients site-specific needs.
RLM pride themselves on lead-indicator activity out in the field. This starts from the moment a worker steps into our RLM offices for registration, to being placed on site and continuing to be monitored on site. In the event of an injury, we are ready to act and be present to assist the worker and our client to get the best possible outcome especially where it might be of a serious nature. We have injury management systems in place with a pastoral approach should a serious incident happen along with return to work plans.
Cooperation, Collaboration & Coordination
Due to the nature of our business, it is not possible for us to be on site supervising and working alongside our on-hire workers on a daily basis. RLM has designed a robust safety management system to ensure that fit for purpose workers are placed with our clients and that their aftercare is maintained. Ensuring that we are working with our clients and their site supervisors to ensure this is a key focus.
"We work with you, to get the best person to you, so that your project can run smoothly."
We are committed to working with our clients to make sure our workers are in a safe and managed space. We have a range of safety documentation, agreements and checks which will enable this with a focus on continued communication around risks to our workers, our clients and ourselves.
- Receive a thorough RLM health and safety induction prior to coming onto your site;
- Will benefit when you conduct a thorough health and safety induction once they arrive on site;
- Will benefit from your thorough understanding of any site hazards and letting our staff know how those risks are controlled;
- Understand that they need to take part in reporting hazards on site and reporting all incidents;
- Understand that RLM Recruitment Consultants can help them and you investigate all incident reported;
- Expect to take part in spot checks on site undertaken by our RLM Recruitment Consultants who have been trained to help staff raise any health and safety issues and help you work towards a workable resolution of those issues.
- RLM is committed to providing you with healthy, safe, practical and competent staff. RLM is also committed to working with you to make sure that our staff stays healthy and safe while they work on your site.
Let's all be safe out there!