Seeking an experienced Finance Manager to lead our financial operations across New Zealand and Australia
About the Company
RobLawMax Recruitment offer the full suite of recruitment services across New Zealand's Construction and Engineering sectors. We are a family business that have been in operation for over 30 years with 6 offices across New Zealand and Australia. We have an average staff tenure of 7.5 years and our key consultants are shareholders in the business. We've been through multiple market fluctuations and have long established white-collar and blue-collar divisions.
About the Role
This is an opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our Wellington Head Office team to provide financial leadership across our business.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Hands-on responsibility of our financial operations across NZ and Australia
- Team Management (Payroll and Accounts Payable)
- Financial reporting, budget vs actuals, explanation of significant variances in board reports
- Developing the correct controls and processes for the finance and accounting team
- Reconciliations, debtors, creditors, fixed assets etc
- Consolidation of various entities,
- Payroll of external and internal workforc
- Managing Cash flow and funding initiatives
- Liaising with external accountants on financial statements
You will be tertiary qualified financial professional (CPA desirable) and must have 5+ years' previous experience in a similar role preferably from the recruitment, construction or industrial industries which will allow you to hit the ground running.
You will also enjoy:
- Being an active, hands-on and deadline driven leader who will be responsible for the APAC business financial operations.
- Offering a fresh perspective, to lead process improvement initiatives and to provide advice to leadership on how the business should proceed.
- Providing oversight for Accounting functions across our regional busine
- Serve as lead point of contact for all accounting functions
- Drive continuous improvement - using your previous experience to offer a new and improved way of doing things
- Perform monthly billing and revenue recognition procedures
- Provide advice on New Zealand and Australian tax issues
- Work closely with key stakeholders - provide them with the tools they need to make better decisions and to understand what is driving the business
- Preparation of monthly reports and work with tight deadlines around Half Year and Annual reporting
- Provide leadership and work with C-Suite on key initiatives
You're also an energetic self-starter with an unwavering passion for fostering a positive working environment. With previous experience in a similar role, you have a demonstrated commitment to delivering a high standard of financial management and innovation.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Accounting or similar
- CPA qualification desired but not essential
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in a similar Finance Lead role within NZ
- A thorough understanding of NZ financial institutions, legislation and process
- Proficient in Xero, MS Office Suite and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to be proactive, multi-task and effectively prioritise
- High attention to detail and process driven - A MUST
- Integrity and confidentiality in management of private company information
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Flexible and ability to adapt to change
What's in it for you:
- Annual salary $100k+, plus Car Park and benefits
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- WFH opportunities with additional flexibility
- Wellington CBD location
- Regular celebration of birthdays, anniversaries, and accomplishments
- Annual awards function
This is a great opportunity to really hone into your skills and experience, working in the heart of Wellington CBD with a fun, vibrant and high performing team. We are seeking someone to take on this role ASAP so please apply via this advertisement or send your resume