Warehouse & Distribution Manager
This is your opportunity to make a difference in a company that stands in its own right within this competitive retail industry. Be a change maker.
Our client, an iconic household name and leader in New Zealand’s retail sector, is seeking a season Distribution Centre Manager.
This respected retailer is moving into an exciting phase, as they transform the way they work to meet the evolution of the retail industry. Passionate about continuous improvement and meeting the market needs, they are innovative, consumer savvy and experiencing unprecedented growth. This operation is unique, some of its procedures maybe be antiquated, but its attitude is not.
The environment is fast past and demanding, the Wiri based distribution centre turns over 95K multi SKU pallets per year, Carry’s over ten thousands SKU’s, distributes to over 80 retail stores across 3 brands and last year, their sales as a global group exceeded 580 Million. This role is calling for a process driven senior FMCG professional, whom has the ability to successfully plan, lead and implement strategic change; Whilst running an engaged, cross functional and productive workforce.
As Distribution Manger you will:
- Manage the Distribution Network suppliers including 3rd Party Warehouses, Freight and Logistics suppliers to ensure KPIs achieved and costs managed.
- Deliver Distribution Strategic objectives as agreed annually.
- Manage the Distribution Cost P&L lines to ensure budgets are delivered and all cost are optimized for the Group
- Ensure the Distribution Centre and the Distribution Network operate with a highly effective Health & Safety Culture
- Manage risks to the group associated with the Distribution Centre and Distribution Network operation
- Thrive on a challenge and you know how to improve the operation through continuous improvement.
- Have the ability to deliver multiple simultaneous priorities with minimal supervision.
- Improving Flow both inside and outside of the Distribution Centre, to support stores to achieve better flow to the shop floor
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Solid experience in a results driven logistics environment
- Experience with SAP is essential
- Strong communication skills and the ability to coach
- Proven experience leading large multi-shift teams
- Leading through change and building engaged teams comes naturally to you
- You will have 10 + Years of logistics/fulfillment experience ideally within the Retail/Consumer or 3PL Industrys with a HIGH SKUcount.
- Strong leadership skills ideally managing a warehouse team
- Sound computer skills WMS knowledge, RF, any other picking application experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities to ensure the best result for the business
- A relevant tertiary qualification
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, personal insurances, excellent staff buying privileges and a clear and defined career path.
We are looking for a strong Logistics professional who has a passion for success and who shows commitment to their team and the business. To truly succeed in this role, you will need to be highly resilient, have excellent communication and stake holder management skills and through your extensive leadership experience you will be able to manage change and increase performance in a complex environment all while keeping the team engaged.
If this is checking the boxes and sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, call Holly on 09 601 8979 for a full JD, apply online or send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference HS67160
|Category||Manufacturing & Logistics|
|Immigration Requirements||Has the right to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Holly Southworth|
|Consultant Phone Number||096018979|
|Consultant Mobile Number|