Intermediate Project Manager
Rare intermediate PM opportunity that will tap into your planning, capital projects experience, practical engineering and project management skills.
Our client is a very well established heavy engineering firm. With demand for it's services they have a unique opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering PM to join their high performing team in the heart of Hamilton.
They are a leader in their field, providing onsite solutions across providing on-site solutions covering the supply, assembly, installation and maintenance of a broad range of specialised hygienic plant, equipment, pipe work and vessels for our food and beverage, dairy and industrial clients across the country. The site services team are well established, with an excellent culture and a wealth of knowledge offering long term stability and career opportunities in and every changing environment.
You will be a well-established Project Manager, with a string of successes behind you. Ideally you come from a hands on practical background in Mechanical Engineering or Fabrication and have worked your way into a PM position where you now excel in quotation, on site project planning & management, client relations, commissioning and maintenance.
The successful Mechanical/Project Engineer applicant will have:
- Minimum for 5 years work shop experience
- Proven experience as a Junior or Intimidate PM
- Exposure to Capital Projects
- Be proactive and organised by nature
- Great verbal communication skills, and a consultative approach liaising between design office and workshop.
- A strong practical interest in the build-ability of large mechanical equipment and components.
- Ability to visualise the end product and develop or have experience in identifying potential areas requiring design or build improvement
- Ability to travel and spend periods of time on Site and at times actively supervising projects and work away from home.
- Engineering Level 7/8 coupled with proven practical ability is desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will have had practical hands-on experience in an mechanical engineering environment with experience in construction/fabrication of mechanical engineering items. Also required is a good understanding and familiarity of the design process and of 3D packages such as SolidWorks, as well. However this is NOT a design engineer position but calling for much more varied skills as a Mechanical/Project Engineer whom enjoys liaising between both important departments.
In return you will be rewarded with exciting projects of all shapes and sizes both here in NZ and Abroad, on going training and development, a healthy salary package and a excellent team culture.
If you are an Engineer that enjoys getting your hands dirty, using your practical and theoretical training simultaneously along with having a good laugh - Im keen to have a chat with you!
This is an exclusive recruit so my door is the only one you have to knock on! Call Holly on 09 601 8979 for a confidential chat & JD - Apply online or pop your CV to Jobs@roblawmax.co.nz quoting reference HS68256
|Immigration Requirements||Has the right to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Holly Southworth|
|Consultant Phone Number||096018979|
|Consultant Mobile Number|