This is a senior level appointment requiring an experienced Workshop / Manufacturing Manager who can lead a key change management process.
Our client is a market leader within Stainless Steel Fabrication, Design and Engineering commentary for food grade primary processing and handling systems. For over 25 years they have been providing engineering solutions throughout supply chain for their clients, from food source to the processing plant.
They are a leader in their field, providing onsite solutions across providing onsite solutions covering the supply, assembly, installation and maintenance of a broad range of specialised hygienic plant, equipment, pipe work and vessels for food and beverage, dairy and industrial clients across the country. The large workshop is well established, split across 5 team leaders and three sections they operate two shift, have an excellent company culture and are locally owned.
Based in the heart of Hamilton, and reporting to them of Operations we are looking for a Workshop / Production manager with speciality in lean management,projects and PEOPLE.
You will come from a large scale fabrication environment and we used to leading teams at all different levels. This is potentially a successional role so ideally we are looking for someone from a similar manufacturing environment with 15 + years experience.
- Organise workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Develop engineering concepts for the manufacturing facility
- Complete condition assessments on mechanical equipment
- Be key in implementing Process Safety initiatives
- Building a continuous improvement culture that embraces strong positive behavioural and team work traits.
- Working closely with Sales & Marketing to build positive customer relationships. This will include managing audits and customer visits and introducing new products and processes in response to market and customer requirements.
- Departmental cost management.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are upheld and implement new safety process where appropriate
The successful candidate
- Proven manufacturing and engineering experience - ideally bespoke environment
- Strong understanding of LEAN or similar methodologies
- You are experienced with strategic change management in an operational environment
- Leadership and Collaborative: teamwork focussed individual who enjoys working in a flat structure and dealing with highly skilled and technical staff
- A good working knowledge of HSE methodologies for manufacturing sites
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- You are a credible leader and influencer
- 15 + years experience within a manufacturing / fabrication environment
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in engineering or equivalent. (Preferably in Mechanical / Product engineering is desirable)
As mentioned, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated professional to join one of the most innovative and unique companies in New Zealand. In return for your skills you will be rewarded with an excellent team culture, on going development opportunities, a very healthy salary package and al tools of the trade including a modern vehicle. If you are a lean, people focused leader with an in-depth understanding of HSE within a fabrication environment and a passion for project based work I would like to here from you.
Apply online, send your CV to Jobs@roblawmax.co.nz or call Holly on 09 601 8979 for a confidential chat - Opportunities like this don't often arise in Hamilton!
|Category||Manufacturing & Logistics|
|Immigration Requirements||Has the right to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Holly Southworth|
|Consultant Phone Number||096018979|
|Consultant Mobile Number|