Area Maintenance Manager
Need a change of scenery? Seeking a seasoned Engineering Manager with Steam & Recovery exp for a large scale plant, central north island!
- Maintenance Manager role within an iconic, exciting and challenging business
- Attractive remuneration package on offer
Our client is a global leader across 17 countries at the heart of innovation within raw material manufacturing. They are committed to delivering innovative, environmentally sustainable products with manufacturing operations for pulp, paper and packaging across NZ and Australia. A unique to market role as Engineering Maintenance Manager has arisen within one of their Central North Island Plants.
Reporting to the Site Maintenance Manager, and as an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team, the purpose of this role is to co-ordinate and control the execution of maintenance, reliability, operative plans and shutdowns of the Steam & Recovery Area of the Pulp Mill. This role is vital to the strategic plan of the site, it requires excellent soft skills, the ability to influence and strong contractor management. You will have a handful of direct reports and a substantial amount of indirect meaning your ability to communicate, lead, negotiable and influence to achieve desired outcomes and deliverables must be at the forefront of your skill set.
You will have extensive experience in maintenance management systems, policies and procedures, with a proven record of accomplishment in demonstrating strong systems focus and a strategic approach to delivering positive outcomes. Your proven relationship building skills will be complemented by well developed, interpersonal and influencing abilities.
You will have:
- Proven experience as a leader across site maintenance or engineering management within heavy industry or complex manufacturing - specifically talking to steam & recovery
- The ability to work from a collaborative perspective, implementing lean manufacturing techniques and driving best practise
- Leading and developing the S&R Maintenance team, coaching to achieve outstanding results
- Managing the relationship with the maintenance trades providers, setting priorities and ensuring availability, reliability and utilisation of the plant is effectively maximised
- The ability to intimate, influence, control and authorise change. Providing direct leadership and the ability to drive accountability across all maintenance functions & teams
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to probe and look beyond symptom, to resolve issues and make concise confident decisions.
- Solving technical maintenance / engineering issues in the Steam & Recovery Plant
- Previous experience within Major Hazard Facilities. Ideally from Pulp / Paper / Milling would be an advantage
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Civil etc) with experience in a relevant heavy industrial or complex manufacturing space
In Return you will be rewarded with excellent working conditions, an engaged and progressive team, a high value safety culture, excellent remuneration package and ongoing development & career opportunities within this organisation. Benefits also include subsidised Medical / Life / disability & Income protection, purchasing benefits and enhances superannuation. This role is a Monday to Friday position with some agility around hours and WFH.
If this rare role is ticking your boxes, get in touch with Holly on 09 601 8979, send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference #HS70186 or apply online.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a MOJ check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
|Immigration Requirements||Able to be eligible to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Holly Southworth|
|Consultant Phone Number||+64 9 601 8979|
|Consultant Mobile Number||+64 21 192 9218|