Mechanic / Automative Technician
Rare opportunity to join CentrePort Wellington, this position requires a qualified Mechanic with heavy equipment expertise and a strong team focus.
- An energetic workplace where you can see the action happening
- A Port thats growing for the future of Wellington and Central New Zealand
- A supportive team, career development and unique opportunities
At CentrePort, we know opportunity when we see it. Strategically placed at the centre of New Zealand, we are a key asset facilitating economic growth through safe and efficient movement of cargo and providing supply chain solutions and expertise. Their success comes from being innovative, flawless in execution and having the right people with the right attitude working for them.
We are looking to appoint an Automotive Technician / Mechanic to join their busy Engineering and Maintenance team.
Your purpose in this role will be to repair and maintain plant and equipment across the Port as well as undertake preventative maintenance.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong focus on working safely at all times
- Qualifications to Trade Certification or Level 4 (minimum) in Automotive Engineering, or the equivalent
- 5 years + experience with heavy equipment maintenance preferred
- Good knowledge of computers with an interest in the electrical controls and diagnostics
- To be a natural leader who enjoys the challenges of fault finding and diagnostics
- The ability to prioritise work requirements, and work with minimum supervision while still being a team player.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
You will also need to have a good head for heights and enjoy working outdoors. You must be able to work on rostered shifts including nights and weekends and hold a clean, full New Zealand driver’s license (Class 2 or better), ideally with forklift endorsement.
Don’t miss out on being part of a great team and the opportunity to learn new skills. This is a permanent job opportunity which comes with access to free car parking.
Please note CentrePort operates an Alcohol and Drug free work place; pre-employment testing will be part of the recruitment process. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand.
For more information contact Juanel on 04 471 6985, apply online or email your CV to email@example.com, quoting Ref: JV68006
|Immigration Requirements||Has the right to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Juanel Van Jaarsveld|
|Consultant Phone Number||04 4998800|
|Consultant Mobile Number|