Sales & Design Engineer - Auckland
Exceptional Sales and Design Engineer with in-depth knowledge of boilers, burners or related equipment required for leadership role in Auckland.
Tubman Heating Limited provides heating solutions for a variety of organisations ranging from small schools to large manufacturers. We are leaders in our field and specialise in the installation, repair and servicing of boilers, burners and associated equipment. Tubman Heating Limited provides heating solutions for a variety of organisations ranging from small schools to large manufacturers. We are leaders in our field and specialise in the installation, repair and servicing of boilers, burners and associated equipment.
We’ve been around for over 35 years, always in family hands. We trade as Tubman Heating in the upper North Island and Devham Services in the lower North Island, through long established facilities in Auckland’s Glenfield and Wellington’s Gracefield. We have a number of equipment agencies and distributorships.
We’re looking for someone to join our Auckland team who can use today’s business tools and methods to help us sell, design, install and commission safe, efficient, effective solutions that we and our customers are proud of. The role suits a motivated, self-sufficient and experienced design/sales engineer; able to work with customers, colleagues, consultants and contractors to provide innovative solutions from concept through to installation and commissioning. It is supported by an Estimator.
The role is multi-disciplined – requiring the ability to secure and develop long term relationships with both new and existing customers and to utilise and promote THL's expertise and specialist technologies.
THL has a long history of successful project delivery based on engineering excellence and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will be able to access the IP developed and will be encouraged to add their individual mark.
You will work with a large variety of projects centred on hot water, steam and hot oil boilers and associated controls, pipework and equipment.
Specifically we’re looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- A mechanical engineering degree or relevant trade background
- 10 years + project management, mechanical design and sales experience
- Computer literacy including with scheduling software such as MS Project or similar
- 3D (SolidWorks) modelling design of installations – creating detailed drawings for the installation team to follow.
- Responsiveness, effective customer and in-house communications
- Ownership of specific projects - from solution design to hand-over
- Management of project teams, suppliers and sub-contractors
- A background in process engineering or combustion, boilers or thermal energy
- An ability to provide technical and engineering support as required in-house and on-site
- An understanding of the standards and legislation we work within
- A willingness and ability to contribute to our Senior Management Team
Being a small company there will inevitably be times when other duties may be requested that do not meet the above criteria, but it is expected that these will be agreed to and undertaken in good faith.
The style of person that we think would fit the team is one who is:
- A leader, someone who can quickly earn the respect of our customers and our team
- Capable of helping us grow
- Positive, innovative, energetic, flexible, willing to learn, and motivated to succeed
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively - written and verbal
- Able to operate as a team member and independently
- Prepared to work after hours from time to time
- Effective and efficient
- Knowledgeable of general engineering equipment (mechanical and process control); and able to develop complete installation packages
- Ideally knowledgeable about boilers, burners, hot water, hot oil and steam
The role would suit someone who values daily variety and challenge; someone who is motivated by solving problems; who wants to provide the best for every client.
What’s on offer?
- A very competitive salary
- A company vehicle
- A smartphone and laptop
- Membership of the company’s senior management team
- Succession opportunities
- Southern Cross Wellness 1” medical insurance cover
- Subsidised life insurance
- Subsidised loss of income insurance
- Professional training and development support
- Flexible hours within project requirements
Tubman Heating Ltd has exclusively retained Rob Law Max Recruitment to manage this vacancy. Please apply directly to Rob Law Max Recruitment.
DDI:+64 (0)9 951 5006; M +64 (0)27 917 913 Email: email@example.com Ref: KR67629
|Immigration Requirements||Has the right to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Kerry Rowlands|
|Consultant Phone Number||09 951 5006|
|Consultant Mobile Number||021 917 913|