Marine Surveyor - Auckland
My client a global ship classification society are now recruiting for an experienced Marine Surveyor based out of their Auckland offices.
With over 9000 vessels registered and an accumulated Gross Tonnage of 250 000 000 GT you will be joining an established, leading industry organisation.
As part of succession planning they are now looking to recruit an additional Exclusive Surveyor. You will travel to and from survey sites, going on board marine vessels primarily across NZ and on occasion The Pacific Islands. To be considered you will be an experienced Chief Engineer or navel Architect with a number of years Class Surveying experience on large in service marine vessels. Ideally you will have previously worked within a classification society and be proficient with carrying out surveys of ships to make necessary verification and to issue, validate or void any documents in accordance with society recommendations and recognised industry best practice standards.
- A Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or similar
- 2-3 years + Class Surveying experience and proficient with applicable international codes and standards
- Internal Auditor qualifications such as ISM, ISPS and MLC desirable
- A willingness to travel both locally and internationally as required
- Proactive, pragmatic and professional approach
- Competitive package with a range of allowances, full-use vehicle and training provisions
- Autonomous role closely supported by the NZ General Manager
- Small, flat structured local team as part of a recognised global classification society
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Marine Surveyor to join an established, leading global classification society in Auckland.
For further information phone Kerry Rowlands on 09 951 5006, apply online or email your CV to email@example.com quoting Ref: KR68753
|Immigration Requirements||Has the right to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Kerry Rowlands|
|Consultant Phone Number||09 951 5006|
|Consultant Mobile Number||021 917 913|