Network Planning Engineer – Secondary Assets
Are you a technically and solution focused Planning Engineer from a Secondary asset background? Able to think strategically, prioritise and Deliver?
The Wellington Electricity network provides a safe and reliable service to meet the needs of their customers.
With a desire to provide the best service possible, Wellington Electricity, through its service provider International Infrastructure Services Company Ltd (NZ branch), requires a high calibre Network Planning Engineer to assist with the development and planning of the Network to ensure growth is accommodated, asset capacity is effectively utilised and system security and reliability is optimised.
As the Network Planning Engineer, you'll be reporting to the Senior Planning Engineer, be associated with a range of activities related to network planning, load forecasting/modelling, protection engineering, project assessments and studies.
It is a job that will require experience from a distribution network or large industrial facility and to be successful you will:
- Have an appropriate tertiary qualification in Engineering
- Have at least 3 years network or design experience
- Have exposure to electrical network planning and analysis, earthing and secondary asset systems along with communication and load analysis
- Some project Engineering experience
- Have an understanding of power system modelling tools and their application
- A knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment in New Zealand.
- Be solutions orientated and able to produce good quality outcomes
- Have the ability to think strategically on projects to prioritise delivery
On a day to day basis the role will require you to:
- Be responsible for developing, planning and maintenance of the secondary assets in the distribution network
- Undertake strategy implementation for protection, communication, automation and load control systems
- Provide technical and project planning support to the secondary components of the customer and network initiated projects
- Assess network incidents due to secondary assets failure and support control room operation
- Understand and introduce latest emerging technology and secondary assets technology to the network.
You will have well developed interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills, a proactive focus and an ability to deal with people at all levels. You will enjoy a challenge, be able to multi task, think logically and succeed in delivering your objectives. This is a great career opportunity with an industry leader.
For more information contact Matt Newman-Hall on (04) 917 0858 / 021 391 483, or Alan Sherlock (04) 917 0852 / 021 917 916, apply online or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref: MN63968
|Immigration Requirements||Has the right to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Matt Newman - Hall|
|Consultant Phone Number||04 917 0858|
|Consultant Mobile Number||021 391 483|