Senior Quantity Surveyor - Auckland
Successful commercial contractor seeks to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor in preparation for new projects commencing now, workload pipeline for the next 3 years.
As a QS with strong commercial construction experience you will be estimating and quantity surveying on projects in the value range of $20-$80m.
Work is secured by both tender and negotiation, so front end estimating and bid experience is advantageous. NZ experience is preferred but is by no means essential. The base salary is in the region of $150-180k depending on experience, possibly more for the right person.
Operating in Auckland, the company is now capitalising on the growth in Auckland and increasing their commercial capability. The position is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing company in a newly created position. With several projects already underway the company has a bright future and career development opportunities. This is a great opportunity for a QS to shine in an autonomous yet supportive culture.
As the Senior QS in the Auckland operation you will be responsible for:
- Run all the commercial and financial aspects of projects being carried out
- Prepare requests for subcontractors and ensure each subcontractor accepted for a project is inducted accurately and efficiently
- Prepare estimates and proposals for future business
- Client contact and cost reporting
- Site visits for pre-programming and during construction
- Managing variations and claims
Skills and experience required
- Strong experience of working as a QS, NZ experience highly desirable.
- Experience in cost planning, bills of quantity preparation, measuring cost plans and contract administration.
- Successfully managing costs through project life cycle
- Able to confidently navigate your way around sites and provide technical knowledge to the engineering and building teams.
- Working across multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to professionally and assertively convey communication to all involved.
- A relevant tertiary education qualification
My client is offering a role that will allow the successful candidate to develop their QS skills and allow plenty of opportunities for growth.
To apply send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference SP67007. For more info call Sam Phillips on 09 951 5010.
|Category||Construction & Architecture|
|Immigration Requirements||Has the right to work in NZ|
|Consultant Name||Sam Phillips|
|Consultant Phone Number||09 951 5010|
|Consultant Mobile Number||021 588 051|