Architectural Graduate Jobs
How to Enter
An Architectural Graduate is someone who has completed a recognised architectural degree, such as a Master of Architecture (MArch), but has yet to become professionally registered on the New Zealand Architects’ Register.
The personal requirements for an Architectural Graduate are the following:
- Accurate with great attention to detail
- Creative and practical
- Patient and able to work under pressure
- Knowledgeable about maths and physics
- Great communicator
Please note that you cannot refer to yourself as a Graduate Architect unless you are registered with the New Zealand Registered Architects Board, this is because the term ‘Architect’ is legally protected.
The typical daily responsibilities of an Architectural Graduate can include any of the following:
- Creating detailed drawing and sketches of building structures and developments
- Building 3D models of construction and building projects
- Interpreting sketches and project instructions from Architects and Architectural Designers
- Researching building and building materials
- Ensuring architectural drawings comply with statutory and regulatory building requirements and manufacturer/supplier instructions
- Assisting with building and building consent
- Coordinating with other building professionals and liaising with clients
After four to five years of on the job experience following graduation, Architectural Graduates can then work towards becoming a Registered Architect, however, if they feel they are ready then it can be sooner. Aside from becoming registered, Architectural Graduates can also choose to specialise in such areas like Interior, Urban, or Sustainable Design, Conservation, Community Development, Project Management or Planning.
40K – 60K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Architectural Graduate jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.