Graphic Designer Jobs
How to Enter
In most cases, to secure a job as a Graphic Designer in New Zealand, you will usually need a tertiary qualification in Graphic Design, Media Arts or Visual Communication. You will also need a portfolio of work to show prospective employers during a job interviews.
Many New Zealand employers are also asking for the following personal requirements when looking for a Graphic Designer:
- Able to accept criticism
- Accurate with a good eye for detail
- Great at problem-solving
- Able to work under pressure and to deadline
- Great communicator
- Can work well in a team
Graphic Designers may be expected to do some or all of the following:
- Analysing the design briefs and brainstorming ideas with other designers or client
- Preparing concepts and design layout diagrams for approval
- Researching and advising production methods, materials and costs
- Presenting final product to client
- Implementing feedback and altering work accordingly
An experienced Graphic Designer can progress into a management role, become a self-employed contractor or start their own graphic design business. Additionally, Graphic Designers can also specialise in areas such as Illustration, Print Publishing, Web Design, Advertising, Corporate Design and Animation.
Entry: 32K – 65K per annum NZD
Experienced (5+ years): 65K – 85K per annum NZD
To view our latest Graphic Designer jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.