Project Architect Jobs
How to Enter
To secure a job as a Project Architect in New Zealand, it’s highly recommended that you complete a relevant Architecture qualification and be registered with the New Zealand Institute of Architects. Possessing extensive work experience within the Architecture industry and a certificate in Project Management (PMI or PRINCE2) can also help to improve your edge over your competition.
The typical job responsibilities of a Project Architect can include any of the following:
- Liaising with clients and customers to identify their needs
- Designing and updating construction and architectural plans and specifications
- Researching and identifying building materials
- Working with other architectural, construction and engineering professionals
- Working with Construction Project Managers to budget costs and administration
- Staying updated with building regulation, legislation and code of practices changes
- Conducting site inspects and quality control checks
With further training, Project Architects can work towards becoming Senior or Principal Architects within an Architecture business. Alternatively, they can also move into Project Management roles as well.
64K – 116K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Project Architect jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.