Construction Commercial Manager Jobs
How to Enter
To become a Commercial Manager within the Construction industry, many New Zealand employers may expect you to have a strong background in Quantity Surveying and construction management. This could include possessing a National Diploma in Quantity Surveying alongside additional training focused on management, and the practicalities of running large-scale construction projects.
A Construction Commercial Manager may expect to do any of the following responsibilities:
- Liaising with customers and clients to negotiate and agree contracting bids for new business
- Creating budgets for construction projects
- Reporting on project costs as they progress
- Working with Quantity Surveyors and other professionals to ensure costs are kept within budget
- Expanding or improving commercial procedures, processes and policies
- Ensuring construction projects stay within regulatory guidelines
Commercial Managers within the Construction industry can continue improving their employability by continuing to gain experience and working on larger projects, or projects with high-profile stakeholders. Many senior Construction Commercial Managers progress their careers further by moving into other areas of business management, such as Health & Safety or HR.
100K – 142K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Construction Commercial Manager jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.