Health & Safety Manager Jobs
How to Enter
In most cases, New Zealand employers may prefer candidates with qualifications or experience in Occupational Safety & Health or similar fields. With that in mind, Health & Safety Diplomas are offered by Massey University, University of Otago, South Institute of Technology or the Employers and Manufacturers Association.
The typical job responsibilities of a Health & Safety Manager could include all or some of the following:
- Reviewing construction plans and blueprints, ventilation systems and lighting
- Deciding proper signage and disposal methods of onsite materials
- Mapping out emergency evacuation plans, including locations of fire extinguishers and first-aid kits
- Ensuring construction sites and projects adhere to building codes and government regulations
- Presenting and explaining Health & Safety plans
- Providing Health & Safety training
- Conducting periodic site inspections
Health & Safety Managers can often choose to specialise further in specific industries, such as Manufacturing, Health & Safety or Oil & Gas. However, many professionals can progress further into management, teaching, researching and policy roles.
100K – 123K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Health & Safety Manager jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.