Process Engineer Jobs
How to Enter
Securing a job as a Process Engineer within the Manufacturing industry can depend on the sector the role belongs to. For example, a job within Food Manufacturing may require candidates to have a Bachelor of Food Process Engineering, Food Technology or Food Science.
The job responsibilities of a Process Engineer can include any of the following:
- Studying and developing designs for improving factory processes
- Improving production efficiency by researching developing new materials and procedures
- Identifying and reporting on the effects industrial processes have the environment
- Reducing and controlling any impact industrial processes have on the environment
- Reporting the efficiency and cost of factories and associated equipment
- Preparing and presenting reports and proposals
- Managing technicians and operation staff
Once experienced, Process Engineers can move into Management or Project Management positions. On the other hand, they may also move into consultancy roles at engineering consultancy firms. Due to the specialist nature of their work, some Process Engineers may work at polytechnics or universities as lecturers.
Finally, Process Engineers can also choose to specialise further within their field and become more focus on industry areas like Biochemical, Food, Materials, Petroleum and Waste.
Entry: 45K – 75K per annum (NZD)
Senior: 75K – 100K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Process Engineer jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.