Quality Engineer Jobs
How to Enter
To secure a job as a Quality Engineer, it’s recommended to at least a New Zealand Diploma in Engineering combined with relevant work experience. However, completing a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) degree can greatly improve your competitive edge within the Manufacturing market
The typical day-to-day responsibilities of a Quality Engineer can include the following:
- Testing manufacturing machinery, equipment and processes for faults
- Developing solutions for faults and inefficiency
- Developing strategies for improving machinery and equipment durability
- Quality checking goods throughout various stages of production
- Training and managing other Engineers
Many Quality Engineers develop their careers by moving into other specialist areas of Engineering, such as Mechanical, Maintenance, or Automation, or head into a Sales-based role. Alternatively, Engineers who stay within Quality Assurance can also work their way towards becoming Production or Manufacturing Manager.
Entry: 32K – 40K per annum (NZD)
Experienced: 40K – 80K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Quality Engineer jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.