How to Enter
Whilst there are no strict educational entry requirements for a Storeperson job, if the role involves using a forklift, then a candidate would need a Class 1 driver licence with an F endorsement.
The typical personal requirements that New Zealand employers look for in Storepeople are the following:
- Able to work as part of a team
- Conscious of health and safety
- Great at attention to detail
- Can keep record of received and dispatched goods
- Honest and dependable
The job responsibilities of a Storeperson can include some or all of the following:
- Signing for and unpacking incoming goods or sending them to relevant department
- Driving a forklift or other machinery to unload or move heavy goods
- Creating and tracking orders
- Packing and dispatching outgoing orders
- Periodically checking the quantity and quality of goods coming in and out of store, factory or warehouse
- Creating and checking invoices and keeping records updated
Following a few years’ experience, many Storepeople progress towards becoming Team Supervisors and eventually, Warehouse or Store Managers. In addition, most Storepeople become specialist in particular goods, products and services. Later in their careers, Storepeople can specialist in Inventory Control or Import/Exports.
Entry: 30K – 38K per annum (NZD)
Experienced: 42K – 54K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Storepeople jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.