Health & Safety (H&S) Advisor Jobs
How to Enter
To become a Health and Safety Advisor for the Oil and Gas industry, it’s recommended that you complete a Health & Safety diploma or certificate. Possessing either a qualification relevant to the Oil and Gas sector or extensive industry experience can also be beneficial.
New Zealand employers are also looking for the following characteristics in their Health and Safety Advisors:
- Able to remain calm in emergencies
- Great problem-solver and decision-maker
- Can relate to a wide range of people
- Can understand complicated information and present it in a way that’s easily understood
The job responsibilities of a Health and Safety Advisor can include some or all of the following:
- Developing and updating health and safety policies and emergency response plans
- Identifying and minimising health and safety risks
- Training staff in health and safety policies and risk prevention
- Ensuring health and safety policies are being adhered to
- Recording incidents and injuries
- Reporting health and safety performance
After gaining experience in workplace Health & Safety, H&S Advisors can quickly progress their careers and move into senior Health & Safety, managerial, training or research roles. They can also choose to specialise in other industries such as Construction, Mining or Processing and Manufacturing.
Entry: 45K – 65K per annum (NZD)
Experienced: 65K – 100K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Health & Safety Advisor jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.