Principal Town Planner Jobs
How to Enter
To become a Principal Town Planner, most New Zealand employers will expect you to have a Postgraduate Degree in Planning or Resource Management, as well as extensive previous experience in the Planning and Resource Management industry.
The role of a Principal Town Planner can include any of the following:
- Planning town and city infrastructure, including buildings, roads, highways, streets, car parks, recreational parks, reserves, facilities and utilities
- Acquiring resource and planning consents
- Analysing the development of residential, environmental and commercial areas
- Researching and reporting the effects of proposed developments, particularly on the environment
- Collecting and analysing social, environmental and economic data
- Presenting reports to Government, local councils, companies and clients
For many Principal Town Planners, the next step in their careers is to stead towards management or Policy Administration.
95K – 103K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Principal Town Planner jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.