Contract Manager Jobs
How to Enter
Candidates looking to secure a job as a Contract Manager within New Zealand’s Power, Energy & Mining industry, can stand out from their competition by having previous industry and commercial management experience. To make the leap towards contract management, successful candidate will often first work in the commercial or procurement department of a business for several years before applying.
The day-to-day responsibilities of a Contract Manager can include the following:
- Negotiating construction contracts and sub-contracts
- Planning critical key completion dates and organising labour force
- Ensuring construction projects are completed on time and to budget
- Acting as a first point of contact
- Managing client expectations
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are adhered to
After a few years’ experience, ambitious Contract Managers can move towards operational management jobs such as Operations Manager or Project Director. Alternatively, Contract Managers can also further specialise and move into the role of Health and Safety Manager.
100K+ per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Contracts Manager jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.