Electrical Fitter Jobs
How to Enter
To secure a job as an Electrical Fitter with a New Zealand employer, it’s highly recommended that you complete an apprenticeship and gain a National Certificate in Electrical Engineering - Electrician (Level 4) or a National Certificate in Electricity Supply – Electrician (Level 4). In addition, you should also be registered with the Electrical Workers Registration Board and have a current practicing licence.
The personal requirements of an Electrical Fitter can be some or all of the following:
- Able to do work that involves climbing and lifting
- Accurate and methodical
- Practical and logical
- Great communicator
- Can work independently or in a team
On any given day, an Electrical Fitter may be expected to do any of the following:
- Understanding wiring diagrams and floor plans
- Installing electrical wiring and equipment in high-voltage work sites (power stations, substations etc)
- Repairing or replacing damaged or faulty wiring, parts and equipment
- Testing electrical work for safety
- Recording any problems found and work completed
Following a few years’ experience, Electrical Fitters can progress into a Supervisor, Inspector, Technician or Consultant role with relative ease. In the case of an Electrical Inspector, an Electrical Fitter would need to undergo further training and pass an exam prior to being offered that particular job.
Entry: 40K – 60K per annum (NZD)
Experienced (6+ years): 63K – 70K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Electrical Fitter jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.