General Manager Jobs
How to Enter
To become a General Manager in New Zealand’s Power, Energy & Mining sector, it’s recommended to already have extensive industry and management expertise from working in a supervisory-level role. In addition, possessing qualifications in managing people, budgets and projects will be hugely beneficial.
- Creating operational plans
- Deciding how teams will work towards business goals
- Setting and reporting budgets and expenses
- Ensuring Health & Safety standards are met
- Ensuring quality assurance and legal requirements are met
- Organising the training and development of staff
Most General Managers will progress their careers further in Operational Management and go on to either become executives or specialise in other business areas such as Finance, HR or Health & Safety.
80K – 140K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest General Manager jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.