Roading Engineer Jobs
How to Enter
To Secure a job as a Roading Engineer in the Transportation industry, New Zealand employers commonly expect you to hold relevant Engineering qualification, such as a Bachelor of Engineering or a Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree.
The job of a Roading Engineer can include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Designing and planning roads, highways and public walkways
- Evaluating whether proposed projects are suitable
- Liaising with government officials, clients and other professionals
- Assessing and reducing any potential environmental impact of proposed work
- Aiding in obtaining building permits and approval
- Ensuring construction and engineering work is completed correctly and to plans
- Reporting on work completed
Following a few years’ experience, a Roading Engineer can move into a senior Engineering, managerial or consultant role. Alternatively, other options include specialising in other areas of Civil Engineering, such as Environmental, Geotechnical, Structural, Energy or Water Resources.
45k – 75K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Roading Engineer jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.