Drain Layer Jobs
How to Enter
One of the most effective ways of becoming a Drain Layer in New Zealand, is to complete an apprenticeship and obtain a National Certificate (Level 4) in drain laying which can take two years. After that, you will need to be registered with the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drain Layers Board and hold a practising licence.
The personal requirements of a Drain Layer can include the following:
- Has a great attention to detail
- Great communicator
- Great problem-solver
- Can work as part of a team or independently
The typical job responsibilities of a Drain Layer could include any of the following:
- Measuring, cutting, joining and sealing drains
- Laying and replacing under and above-ground drains
- Acquiring consent to work from council where required
Once experienced, Drain Layers can often become qualified and then move into management roles and train apprentices. With further training, Drain Layers can also work towards becoming a Plumber or Fitter.
30K – 72K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Drain Layer jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.