How to Enter
Whilst there are no strict entry requirements to becoming a Fabricator or Welder, many of New Zealand’s Trade & Industrial employers prefer candidates to have a New Zealand/National Certificate in Engineering – Fabrication (Level 4) and specialise in either light fabrication, heavy fabrication or steel construction.
The typical job responsibilities of a Fabricator and Welder can include any of the following:
- Interpret plans and drawings
- Cutting, moulding and fitting metal parts
- Welding and constructing metal objects
- Repairing and maintaining fabrication and welding machinery
- Constructing jigs to hold metal parts in place when welding
With experience, Welders and Fabricators can move into team management and training roles within Engineering and Construction companies.
33K – 70K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Fabricator/Welder jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.