How to Enter
Whilst there are no specific entry requirements for Joiners in the Trade & Industrial sector, most New Zealand employers prefer candidates who have, or are working towards, a National Certificate in Joinery (Level 3 or 4).
Personal requirements of a Joiner can often include:
- Hard-working and adaptable
- Great attention to detail and safety-conscious
- Able to follow instructions
- Good at problem-solving
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive and quick to learn
Joiners can expect to do some or all of the following:
- Engaging with prospective customers and clients
- Discussing briefs and providing quotes
- Drawing designs and plans
- Measuring, cutting, assembling, sanding and finishing materials such as wood
- Construction items like cabinets, doors, frames and stairs
- Installing finished products
With experience Joiners could further specialise in working with wood, such as Boat Building, Cabinet Making or continue training to become a qualified Carpenter.
34K – 57K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Joiner jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.