How to Enter
Whilst there are no specific educational entry requirements for a Painter, you can improve your employability with New Zealand employers by completing a National Certificate in Painting and Decorating (Level 4).
The typical job responsibilities of a Painter can include any of the following:
- Meeting with customers and clients to discuss briefs
- Advising customers on colour selections and finishes
- Calculating materials needed and projected costs
- Erecting scaffolding (under five metres otherwise a registered Scaffolder will be needed)
- Filling holes and cracks in walls
- Cleaning surfaces and walls
- Painting and decorating walls
- Applying finishes (glazing) to walls
- Cutting and hanging wallpaper
Many Painters progress their careers and become Supervisors or Managers within a small-to-medium-sized business. However, other options include specialising in Commercial or Residential Painting and Decorating, Interior or Exterior Design, Wallpapering and Decorative or maintenance work.
Entry: 30K – 38K per annum (NZD)
Experienced: 38K – 63K per annum (NZD)
To view our latest Painter jobs throughout New Zealand, click here.